Monday, October 11, 2010

amazing husband

have i mentioned that i have an amazing husband lately.....
So the other day Jon and i were driving home and Jon said "do you want some ice cream" me "um...no i just want to go home im tiered" then as he drove by a gas station i said " ooooo a slushy....i love slushies!!" Jon "do you want me to stop?" me "no it's ok...u just get your ice cream" then he proceeded to pull into a gas station that didn't have slushes! So then Jon said "how about i get you a strawberry lemon ice from Fazolizes?" me " no u get your ice cream and lets go home" Jon " NO.... YOU CAN AT LEAST GIVE ME THIS! during this whole pregnancy i haven't had anything to complain about with the other husbands of pregnant women....give me this one!!!"
WHAT A GREAT HUSBAND........so we did get the strawberry lemon ice :)
He finished the baby's nursery and has put up with my crazy organization (not nesting) it's just my personality.......it's my way of controlling things that i can't control :) like i have to plan ahead, way ahead.......like today i spent half my day organizing address's for address labels for birth announcements and Christmas cards...i know im crazy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Crazy... or just "on the ball!" :D Actually, you're saving yourself a lot of new-parent grief by getting the addresses ready to go now. At least for me, those early days with a new baby had my brain on vacation- I got next to no sleep and all I could focus on was the "right now"- you know, sitting and staring at the baby, holding the baby, changing, clothing, and feeding the baby, etc. :) So, I don't think you're crazy! One tip you might consider- start stocking your freezer with healthy meals you can just pop in the oven and reheat- saves everyone so much time and stress after the baby is born! We tried to get enough stocked up to last us that first couple of weeks- it'd have been even better if we could have had enough to last the first month! I have several casserole recipes I can share, if you want, that we used for this. We put them together in the throw-away baking pans, wrapped them up, and wrote the directions on top. So much stress off in those early days, and a healthy diet for mom (and baby, if you breastfeed)- so very important to help you stay on an "even keel" with life, emotions, etc. after baby is born! ;)

    ReplyDelete