Friday, November 12, 2010

jons birthday

I don't know if you remember last Christmas when i discussed how hard it is for me to not give gifts.......but some how it all worked out and no credit cards were used!!! (which when i was single that is how i payed for gifts....but thank you Dave Ramsey for opening Jon and i's eyes to no credit cards!!!!)
So i have a dilemma yet again! When i give gifts i feel i'm sharing how much i love that person! I don't know why i'm that way.....but let me tell you that it is very hard for me not to buy gifts for my God Children!!!! But now Jon's birthday is coming up fast. We just rented my condo and we haven't gotten our full amount for the mortgage......and i'm trying to payoff all my medical bills (that were from before i was pregnant) so that all we have to worry about is the labor! So to say the least i don't have much extra money (and i feel weird saying hey amazing husband of mine can you give me some of your hard earned money so i can buy you birthday gifts!!) sounds ridicules to me!!! I really makes me upset because he spoils me so much and i can't even give him a simple game or c.d. or dvd or candy he likes.........i have some special stuff planned for him but not gifts (as you know i like to plan ahead.....and it hurts me every time i have time to go shopping and i can't cuz i don't have extra cash!)
I know that it will all work out (since i get paid before his birthday and i'm pretty book for Thanksgiving....and my clients are so generous when they tip) but its hard cuz i want his gifts NOW!!!......thats why its so tempting to use my credit card....but I'm not......and i will wait to see what happens even though it is killing me to wait! I feel like i can't share my love with him with out gifts (even though i know this sounds silly when i type it!)....if you have any suggestions please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissy!
    I would suggest making something! Like what about if there's a dish he really likes, making a BUNCH of it one day and putting it in the freezer for him to heat up anytime he wants? (Cinnamon rolls work great for this!) Or work it out to spend a weekend on a retreat. Doesn't even have to be at a place that takes money- if you have family who have a lakehouse or are even just going out of town for the weekend, you could do a weekend away?
    Or, if this is his thing, you could make him a scrapbook with memories of you two, or put pictures from his past into photo albums for him? If you're going to use any of these ideas feel free to delete this comment so Jon doesn't see :)

    ReplyDelete