Tuesday, November 16, 2010

money...a kick in the pants

there is a lot of things i wish i would have done differently with money in my past......but i can't change that now....so im really glad that we took the Dave Ramsey class (but i wish i was stronger and would stick with it better!) When i have talked to other people about our struggles they all informed me it takes A LOT of practice and A LOT of failures to fix it!
I have herd of more and more friends who are, or have struggled with the economy it has made me realize how important it is to not to live above your income! I'm not saying that we are completely successful with this but i will say I'm really glad that Jon and I bought the house we did..(and not some huge house that is way above our income) ....I love it and all its little quirks......I love that we plan on expanding our house when our family needs it and finances let us! I know that its not very large and we probably have to replace something large in every room....but it's our house and it keeps us protected and we will be able to share with our family that we all have to work together to get the house how our whole family wants it :) since we are going to live here for the rest of our lives :) that's along time to fix our house exactly how we want it!
Another thing that makes me feel safe and secure is that even if something happens with my job or that our baby needs me more then we planned or jon's work slows down (which we are very blessed so far that we still have jobs!) but Jon has always said that if we need money to survive he has a list of jobs he would do (even if it makes him feel less of a man doing them) but honestly i feel like it makes him MORE of a man to want to provide for his family no matter what!!! I'm so bless to have him in my life!!!!! He works so hard for our family and I'm so proud of him!!!!
please keep us in your prayers so that we can focus on the Dave Ramsey time line!!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I forgot you were a blogger. Now I have some catching-up to do!

    We understand your Dave Ramsey stuff. :) We just met with an advisor again ... with our Dave Ramsey goals. We're trying to take it more seriously too. And we figure, if we're going to cut back, make changes, do whatever to accomplish some goals, then we need all the help we can get in making the most of it!

    OH...Miss Lida is crying...better go...

    ReplyDelete