Friday, August 27, 2010

cloth diapering

Today my friend Sam and I went to the cloth diaper store in Valley Junction called Little Padded Seats.....I learned so much and I think Jon and I might save even money then we thought we would.........so we decided that we are going to register there too and you can also go online to order......but i was really nervous because A LOT of people think I'm weird for wanting to do this and might not want to buy stuff off of our registry their ......but after i talked to Jon he made me feel better! This is Jon's comment "I feel like if we buy disposable diapers its like we are throwing our money in the trash..... literally...especially if we are going to keep having kids" So it makes me happy that he feels that way too!!! Another way we are hopefully going to save more then we thought is because Jon's mom saved their old cloth diapers (old school, with the safety pins :) and when i was at the cloth diaper store i asked her what she suggest that we use those for....if we could use them as an insert or what.......she then showed us that they have these clasp things that are safer then safety pins and the covers to go over them, they look exactly like the all in ones but just the cover (so cheaper) and another plus is, instead of throwing the whole thing in the washer you only throw the old school cloth diaper in and reuse the cover until its dirty......so you actually don't need as many covers as you need the cloth part (also cheaper) and she also said that this diaper system works better for new baby's cuz it will fit them better because you fold the cloth part under the cover to fit what ever size!!!!!!!
Jon and I are going to go to one of their classes the beginning of September and Jon and I will decide and we will register that night :)
I told Jon that if i was going to work as much as I'm working now i would not do cloth diapering but since i'm going to be working part time i feel like this can be away to save money:)

No comments:

Post a Comment